Since half the class was missing last Thursday, we’ll simply discuss the entirety of the Woman of Colour next week.
Each of you will also post a 500 word reflection essay on the blog by Wednesday evening on the results of your annotated bibliography. Though the reflection is open, you may if you wish answer the following question: how did the research and writing for this bib change your views of this particular book, and of other books read this semester?
Keep thinking about the topics and authors you’d like to approach for your final assignment.
Let me know if you get stuck.
As we discussed in class, we’ll do a second, slightly more ambitious annotated bibliography next week.
- Choose one writer from this segment: Burney, Wollstonecraft, or Anon. (Woman of Colour)
- Select three peer-reviewed, relevant items that relate to a particular topic in one of those novels; you might want to consider potential topics connected to your final project at this point;
- you may use the Broadview resources as a starting point for your research, but try to go beyond them, too;
- Make sure that you’ve got some chronological range pre- and post-2000 for your items; if you’re doing Woman of Colour, just make sure you’ve got some chronological spread in the items available;
- Annotations should be about 3-5 sentences each;
- Do it as a standalone post on the blog by 9 pm Wednesday before class;
- We’ll discuss results next Thursday, and you’ll follow up the next week with a 300-500 word reflective essay on your results and discussions;
If you have questions, put ’em on the blog in the comments.
See you soon,
UPDATE: Missing: Robinson, Maillet [excused]
You must be logged in to post a comment.